Tuesday, June 9, 2009

do you want to know a secret?

It's a secret Pic can tell...

Seriously, my child will tell you.

The other day, she and I went to The Clay Canvas for the first (and possibly the last) time. (Our experience was really rather nice, but I have this touch-texture issue and the feel of the naked bisque is making me shudder and gag right now and I'm not even touching a bare piece of pottery.) I thought it might be cute, although completely unoriginal, for us to make a mug (or two) for Cardo for Father's Day. Yes, Father's Day is a couple of weeks away and I knew there would be some risk involved letting Pic in on the gift, but he's her dad, not mine ('cause, you know, that would be somewhat awkward), so the gift is, of course, from her. I'd rather she knew about it and took part in making it.

Anyhow, to make a long story short (TOO LATE!), we made the mugs and we'll be able to pick them up next Thursday. These will be the most expensive mugs we own, but, it's okay for a one-time deal, I think. I'll post pictures of our arty brilliance after we pick the mugs up.

0 comments: