Friday, October 23, 2009

bit quote

From this month's Self:

Hair affair: Forty-six percent of women would rather forgo social networking sites for a month than skip their favorite hair product -- and 18 percent would forfeit sex, a poll by Pantene in Cincinnati finds. Tweet that!


First, let me note that the 'Tweet that!' comment annoys me. Probably just because I'm a Twitter holdout. (Yeah, I thought the same about myspace several years ago and then finally gave in to joining that, but I'm really holding out on Twitter.)

Second, if I forwent (questionable conjugation, I know) my 'favorite' hair product, I'd have nothing. I only use something for washing it. It's been a long while since I gave up conditioner. Anything other than that? Please. Like I have a clue about beauty products. Please, direct your attention to the evidence:



Note the unwashed hair (it might be hard to tell here because it's dark in this room and I have my hair pulled back) and the shiny (read: oily) face. Actually, the darkness in here helps. Perhaps I'll conduct all face-to-face business in the dark from here on out.

Okay, so, yeah, thrilling, titillating stuff, I know. I just had to post something to get back into the habit. I can't hit a dry period because I want to join NaBloPoMo next month. I need to keep writing (for that and a few other reasons -- such as sanity).

2 comments:

Coach J said...

Yeah, I'm a Twitter hold out too, although I must admit I joined for two days before I decided it is super lame.

Kat said...

I have a Twitter account. I never DO anything with it. Yet, every once in a while I will get a random email about how so-and-so is now following you on Twitter. And I always just think "why"?

Oh,and for the %18 who said they would rather give up sex than their fave hair produce; all I have to say to that is: You are not doing it right.