Friday, October 30, 2009

exhaustion and decluttering

Pic has been taking daytime naps* lately, which means her nighttime sleep is wonky. Yesterday, she took a pretty late nap and then...she and I were up until almost three o'clock this morning. Suffice it to say that I didn't want to get out of bed for pictures (of Pic, not me) this morning and Cardo did not want to wake Pic up. However, we all finally dragged ourselves out of bed, grabbed everything we needed and got ourselves to the studio. I'm glad we got the pictures done, but I've been in a funk for the rest of the day. Everything has felt a little weird, I've been a bit dizzy with exhaustion.

I'm heading to bed in a moment, but first, I have to post my decluttering item. And, oh my, I have run out of things to give away. Feel free to come over to my apartment and disagree with me, but, really, I can't seem to find anything. So, today, I cheat. Or not. It's not like I really have rules for myself, other than get rid of one piece of clutter every day for thirty days. Today, I'm getting rid of an almost empty can of shaving gel that's moved to several new homes with us.

I stopped using shaving gel so long ago, that I can't even remember the last time I did use it. For a while, I was just wetting the areas to be shaved and going with that. Then, I saw this commercial basically counseling against the use of bar soap for shaving lather. The commercial was for some kind of shaving gel, but all I got from it was, 'Oh, I could be using my soap on my legs.' So, yeah. Go shaving gel ads...you're incredibly convincing (please note the ironic tone). Getting rid of this useless can is decluttering my life, so...it works. Especially because I'm tired and I want to go lay in bed, read my book and fall asleep.



STOP THE PRESSES. (Or, hesitate in clicking on the 'publish post' button.)

I have found something donate-able. Not the paper plates, we'll be using those for crafts. The sign, however. Yeah, that. This came into our home after some redecorating at Cardo's work. It has since lived in our bathroom cupboard. We're apparently not so into the welcoming of others to our home, as everyone who knows me knows. So, yea, we can get rid of this and I can feel a bit better about having something for Goodwill. However, I will start referring to this project as decluttering and not donating. This frees me up to get rid of so much more (like that grey toothbrush from my first post on this).

-----------------------

*It is possible to take nighttime naps. 'Nighttime nap' is actually a pretty good descriptor for how I usually sleep.

1 comments:

Kat said...

I like the renaming of your project. I like most ideas that make things easier for me ;)