Wednesday, November 19, 2008

all the news that's fit to air

Sometimes I have a somewhat hostile reaction to the news. I talk to the tv, informing the producers or whoever that the news they are giving me is not only undesirable, but also insufficient. Tonight, for example, there was much hubbub about the evil budget cuts. Then, there was mention of libraries and parks. The end.

Um, what about the libraries? What about the parks? These are two institutions we depend heavily on over here at La Casa B. I'm especially concerned about cuts concerning the libraries. We depend on those programs. We shop at Secondhand Prose and the FWCL sales, thus giving the libraries a bit more of our financial support. (Oh, and sometimes I have to pay late fees. Here's my .35, please don't cut our programs.) We sometimes put money in the wishing well. We need to do this more often.

We'll see what comes about due to these cuts. Money just frustrates me beyond...other stuff. There seems to be so much, yet never enough.

Argh.

0 comments: