Saturday, November 15, 2008

blog sprint

One Minute Writer for today:

What past clothing trend do you think should never come back in style?

Big shoulder pads, nipped in waists, pleated and tapered pants with frilly socks and pumps. Frilly white socks and black pumps.

M C Hammer pants. Fanny packs. Jellies (hello Crocs). (I had the stinkiest feet ever when I was little and Jellies were in. Oh poor everyone around me who was subjected to my stinky feet clad in plasticky, rubbery badness.)

Pretty much anything you see in Working Girl. Especially Joan Cusack's hair and makeup.

After I've mentioned all of this, I should probably add anything that I wear. I'm not exactly stylish (take the California Raisin shirt I was wearing yesterday...no there wasn't actually a picture of a CR on it, but, well, people comment on that shirt a lot and yet I still wear it).

1 comments:

The Furie Queene said...

I would also add neon or other brightly colored tights, but since those are back in style, I don't know if it counts.