Friday, November 14, 2008

among other things...

...automatic flush toilet are something I just cannot stand. I can flush my own toilet, thank you very much. If I don't flush the toilet, it's because I've chosen not to, and I don't choose not to if I'm in public. (Hey, it's TMIF.)

I'm paranoid about public bathrooms. This runs in my family and I'm successfully passing this neurosis on to Pic. When I was very young -- and finally tall enough -- my mom taught me to hover. That's right, I avoid actually sitting on the seats in public bathrooms. (When it comes to private bathrooms, I have much more faith. There's just something so unknown and so, I don't know, public, I guess, about public bathrooms.) As far as I know, the nether-regions of all of the females in my family have not touched a public toilet from the moment we all reached hoverable height (so not a phrase, but I think you get it).

Just a bit ago, I went to use the restroom. I was rezipping and rebuttoning my pants* when the stupid toilet flushed. Argh! I hate that. Haven't the people who designed these stupid toilets ever heard that statistic about the contents of the toilet being able to jump six feet when the toilet is flushed. Normally, I redress, unlock the door and then flush the toilet with my shoe-clad foot...then I immediately flee the stall.

What I also don't understand is when automatic flush toilets aren't flushed. The stupid things always flush on me while I'm still standing in the stupid stall. How can you just not flush those things?

Well, I suppose that's enough bathroom commentary for now. You're welcome.

1 comments:

The Furie Queene said...

I found this post hilarious. Thanks. :D