Wednesday, November 19, 2008

oh god, the guilt



I especially love what Rebecca says about in order to be the best version of ourselves as mothers, we need to be the best version of ourselves as women. Because even if we are mothers, we're always also more.

After Pic was born, I went through this weird identity crisis. I was so entirely excited to be her mamma, but I started to define myself solely as such. My voicemail on my phone said something like, "Hi, you've reached Pic's mamma, also known as v." Totally lame, I know. More importantly, totally not the way I want to define myself. Of course, I am her mamma, but I'm also more (I hope).

So, this was actually a conversation I loved. More of this would be great.

1 comments:

The Furie Queene said...

The paper was crap. As the prof kind of pointed out (with tact, surprisingly enough!) during the discussion. Ah, well.