Saturday, November 22, 2008

insanity

Does anyone else have those moments of pure irrational breakdown.

Something along the lines of, "I can't find my friggin' book. Screw it, I quit grad school"? Hmm? Something like that?

A couple of weeks ago, I was frantically searching for my book for class. I put it aside, I swear I had just seen it and then, suddenly, poof!, the friggin' thing was gone. I frantically searched for about forty-five minutes before I decided I was making myself way crazier than I should be. I was so entirely not amused with myself.

Losing my book is clearly a rational reason to chuck it all, no?

I have a feeling I'll be having plenty more of these days in the very immediate future.

1 comments:

Coach J said...

There are many reasons to irrationally quit anything, including not being able to find your shoes and your computer not being fast enough. I once broke down because I couldn't get the lead out of my mechanical pencil. I threw it across the room and burst into tears. Ah, grad school. It's a beautiful thing.