Tuesday, November 18, 2008

as the pan burns

I'm freaking exhausted, but cannot sleep (it's only 4:23 in the afternoon...but if Pic weren't here -- or if Cardo were here also -- I'd totally be asleep).

Anyhow, I'm also hungry. What's cheap and easy and is made of what we have on hand? Beans and rice? Okay. I set out to make some rice and I thought, "Why do people have rice makers? How hard can it be to make rice?" (I don't often make white rice, it's not one of my favorite things, but that's what I'm making. I think I've made it all of twice before in my life.)

Fifteen minutes later...I've managed to burn a thin layer of grains to the bottom of the pan. Score! I should quit what I'm doing and become a chef, no? Mm, I thought not.

Well, I have to go finish scorching the rest of the rice, add some butter, lemon and pepper and toss it with some beans.

1 comments:

The Furie Queene said...

I have a rice maker. Yeah, I'm a bit lazy.

Last week, though, when I posted my Spanish rice and tacos pic, what I did not post was a photo of the bottom of the rice pot. It burned, but luckily with rice, if the bottom burns, usually the rest of the pot is fine. :)