Wednesday, November 26, 2008

because i'm not sleeping anyway...


...I made the cookies. That's right, the cookies. We all got the recipe from here, and you can trace it back from there. Not that that matters. Only the cookies are important.

Usually when it comes to baking stuff, I feel like I'm dragging out every single dish I own and the clean-up makes me weary. Tonight? One bowl, various measuring cups and spoons, the mixer and my hands. That's it. It's all clean and the cookies are baking.

Mixing up the cookies was super easy, even though I don't have a stand mixer (this makes crafting some dishes a bit more tedious, but that was not the case here). I had everything cleaned before the first batch was out of the oven. It would be nice if I could make more than a dozen at a time, but I only have two baking sheets, so...ah, well.

I already ate two cookies. I probably won't eat more until much later.

So simple, so good.

Oh, I almost forgot to mention that, for me, the best chocolate chip cookies cannot be made with semi-sweet morsels, so I used dark chocolate chips. That's the only substitution I made. I also made smaller cookies, like Judy at No Fear mentions. I need to go now and pop more into the oven. Mmmm.

------------------------------

P.S. I only took these on after the wonderfully talented Furie Queene reassured me that I could only mess these up if I burnt them.

0 comments: