Sunday, November 16, 2008

pumpkin!



All things pumpkin this evening.







Pic and I had oatmeal with pumpkin, homemade applesauce, pumpkin pie spice and brown sugar.








Pic and I made pumpkin cake. 




This is the Cooking Light recipe I made last year, minus the frosting. Oh, but plus some dark chocolate chips (no measurement for that; I just filled up Pic's hands and she dumped them in the batter). As you can see, I dusted one with powdered sugar and, for the other, I made some maple buttercream glazy stuff. I don't think it was supposed to be quite so glazy, but I didn't have cream on hand and the only milk we have is fat free.

Pic wolfed down her oatmeal and then ate her cake with her hands.

Alrighty, then, back to Quintilian.

1 comments:

The Furie Queene said...

Yum! I love almost anything and everything pumpkin. The oatmeal looks fantastic. Heck, and who am I kidding? So do the cakes. And I love chocolate chips in pumpkin stuff. I usually make pumpkin muffins w/chocolate chips.

I'm hungry now.