Monday, November 17, 2008

nonstop history channel

Cardo is a bit obsessed with the History Channel. He's been watching that and the Discovery Channel somewhat nonstop lately. I'm a little burnt out on both. Ah, well.

Anyhow, he just finished watching an episode of Cities of the Underworld [the episode entitled "Secret Sin City"].

Let me just insert a graphic here.



Yes, that's right, we're picky about how you pronounce it. It makes a difference to us. So, please, when you do an entire show on the "underworld" of our state, make sure that you are pronouncing the name correctly.* Thank you.

Also, the host never mentioned the name "Boulder Dam" during his whole segment on the Hoover Dam. Hmm.

* Yes, I get that Nevada is a Spanish word, but we disregard that and pronounce it with a short 'a' anyway.

2 comments:

kate said...

Here, here! ::raises a glass in toasty type fashion::

The Furie Queene said...

You know, it's funny, because when I first read your comment, I thought you meant the play. So your explanation wasn't as unnecessary as you'd think. A sign that my brain is fried?